Monday, March 10, 2008

Home Sweet Home - Boise

Last week I signed a letter of acceptance for an offer of employment with a small, privately held company here in Boise. I will assume a position there as a Senior Software Engineer upon my severance from Micron and will help in the development of their core software products which are marketed to law enforcement and national defense agencies. Yes, I'm avoiding the mention of the company's name because I'm not sure they would prefer to have it appear on my blog if a customer were to do a Google search on it.


This job has been an answer to prayer for Sharon and I. In fact, the entire arrangement has God's fingerprints all over it. I first got the lead on this job last summer when the first talks of outsourcing began and before I knew that I would be selected. The lead came through some of Sharon's youth leaders who were friends with one of the company's owners. They were looking for a good C++ developer in the future during their company's next growth phase. When I learned last October that I would be outsourced, I contacted them and began the process that ultimately ended in the offer of employment.


With the possible exception of my first job out of college, I don't think I ever been so excited about a new job. Everyone I have met at this company has been a top-notch individual. It is obvious to me that they truly care about their employees and their customers which is something I haven't experienced in a long while. So how do I know they're top-notch? Well… Ask me in person and I'll be happy to share the details.


I've been very blessed to have secured employment here in Boise given how many people are looking for jobs and how few are available. Sharon and I were concerned that we might be compelled to leave the area in order for me to find suitable employment but just couldn't see how this could be God's plan for us given the ministry opportunities he had lead us into. We are overjoyed to have an answer to our prayers and amazed by how God has taken a set of grim circumstances and brought to a much better place than we were before.


Thank you Lord. I am very humbled by your care for us. Please help me to be a blessing to my new employer.


2 comments:

brian jeansonne said...

Greg,

I am very excited for you guys and all that God continues to do with and through you guys!

I'm glad you guys get to continue living in beautiful Boise, with its mountains and snow and rivers and bike trails and Big City Coffee & Cafe.

We'll keep holding down the fort here in N.O. (Did you even look here for a job? I'm sure there was an opening somewhere.)

Greg Prosch said...

Brian, one night Sharon and I talked about all the places we could live. I did throw New Orleans out there since I knew of a great church and some great people down there. But, no, I didn't send any resumes.