Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Software Review: Foldershare



I don't know about you but in this age of technology and complexity when something comes along that simplifies things I get excited. And Foldershare is just such a "something".
I have a couple of computers at home, a laptop, and one at work. In addition, my wife has a computer at home, a laptop, and one at work. Each of us has files that we would like to keep synchronized across all of our own computers and sometimes we like to share them with each other. There are even times when we are at a computer that is not our own and we would like to have access to our files. And that is exactly the problem that Foldershare solves. All you have to do is have your computer connected to the internet. As soon as you update a document it will be updated on your other computers as well (assuming you have configured the folder for Foldershare updating). You can also synchronize your browser's favorites.


Wow! And you get all that for $0 (at least for now).


I've been using this for almost a year and I've never had a single problem. The only limitation I have run into is that there is a limit of 10k files per share. I exceeded that once and had to reorganize.


So, if you want a little something to make life easier then I suggest you download Foldershare and get it installed.

No comments: