Monday, February 5, 2007

Getting Focused

I recently began a journey through a personal development program called Focus. I have had several friends go through this over the past couple of years and they have all encouraged me to go. I kept resisting because I was quite bothered by it for a couple of reasons. First, it is highly secretive. No one who has gone through it will tell you anything about it. It's also expensive and requires a significant commitment of time. I just felt that if I was going to spend that kind of money, I wanted to know what I was buying. I also had the impression that my friends were just on some kind of emotional high as if they had gone to some network marketing seminar of church retreat.

Now that I have completed the first 20% or so of what the program offers I realize I should have trusted my friends more. So what convinced me to go? It's simple really. I waited and watched. I wanted to see real changes in their lives that were lasting. And I did.

So, now I find myself on the same journey on which they embarked and I am excited to see what God has for me. Sharon is experiencing this same journey with me and we have already begun to see a positive impact in our relationship.

Excelsior!

No comments: